Xiaomi Mi 5 now available at Rs 22,999 on Flipkart and Mi.com.
Mi 5 unveiled in India in March at Rs 24,999. Now, almost five months after its launch, the smartphone got a price cut of Rs 2,000. “#Mi5 for Rs. 22,999 Starting today, we are announcing a permanent price drop for Mi 5. Buy it from Mi. com and @Flipkart. @XiaomiIndia,” Jain tweeted. Earlier in the day, he teased the price-cut on Twitter saying something wonderful happening today. Flipkart and Mi.com are both showing revised price for the Mi 5 on their sites.
Xiaomi Mi 5 is company offers top-end specs like the latest Snapdragon 820 processor, 3GB RAM, a full HD display and more. There’s 16MP rear camera with 4-axis OIS and a 5MP front camera. The camera in Mi 5 works really well in daylight, though we did face issues with focusing on objects at times. What we liked about the Mi 5 was its beautiful design, the lightweight body coupled with a really vivid and crisp display.
Xiaomi, which entered the Indian smartphone market in 2014, announced its smartphone sales in the country has grown by 72 per cent in the last two years. According to Jain, Xiaomi sold 1.75 million units of the Redmi Note 3 in five months of the handset’s launch in March. Xiaomi Mi 5 is probably the first smartphone by the company to get a price-cut in India.
Xiaomi Mi 5 Full Specifications
- 16MP primary camera with 4-axis OIS, 6p lens, f/2.0 aperture, sapphire glass lens cover, two tone flash, DTI image enhancement, PDAF auto focus, 32s manual exposure, HDR, facial recognition and 4MP front facing camera
- 13.08 centimeters (5.15-inch) IPS NTSC capacitive touchscreen with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution and 428 ppi pixel density
- Android v6.0 Marshmallow operating system with 1.8GHz Kyro Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 quad core processor, 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory and dual SIM (Nano+Nano) dual-standby (4G+4G)
- 3000mAH lithium-polymer battery
- 1 year manufacturer warranty for device and 6 months manufacturer warranty for in-box accessories including batteries from the date of purchase