It has been month lunch of reliance jio. Jio came with attractive plan that upto 31stDecember all service of Reliance jio is free. Lot of people is using jio sim. Now it’s shortage of sims in market.
Drawback is that Reliance Jio works full on 4G. Without 4G phone it’s not work.If your phone doesn’t support 4G (for data) and VoLTE (for calls), you’ll not going to be able to use Jio.
Now the question is How to Use Jio Without a 4G Phone? In this case there is two options. First one you bye new 4G Mobile. Second one you can use the company’s Jio4GVoice app, available on Android. Jio4GVoice, which was initially launched as JioJoin, is a dialer for Reliance Jio that can be used to make “rich” calls from your Jio phone, or to use Jio without a 4G capable phone. This only works with a Jio connection – you either have to have a Jio SIM in your phone, or be connected to a JioFi device. Here’s how it works.
How to download and setup Jio4GVoice app?
- First, install the app on your phone, using the MyJio app or install directly from the Play Store.
- If you’re using a 3G phone, the app will ask you to connect to your JioFi Wi-Fi network.
- If you’re using a 4G phone, it’ll use the 4G network to connect to Jio.
- Once the app is connected, it’ll verify your Jio connection.
- Then you’ve got to tap Get started to, well, get started.
- Next, you’re asked to make Jio your default SMS app. You can just tap No on this message if you prefer.
Now Jio4G Voice is set up. You can use it as your dialler to call someone or send them an SMS.
How to make calls with Jio4GVoice app?
- Tap on a contact. Now, just put your phone to your ear to start the call.
- If you’re calling another Jio user, you can also “prepare” the call.
- You can tap on the camera icon on the left to send an image, the location icon in the middle to send your location, or the urgent call icon on the right to mark the call as urgent, with a short message.
- You can tap the video icon on the bottom left to place a video call.
- You can tap the phone icon on the bottom right to place a voice call.
If you have 3G phone you can’t use Reliance jio direct on your mobile. You need Jio wifi fot the calling. Getting a JioFi and connecting your phone to it over Wi-Fi means that your data is now being served over the Jio network. You still can’t use it to make calls though – and Jio offers fully free voice calls. The good thing is that the Jio4GVoice app allows you to bridge connections and use the Jio network to make calls, as long as your phone is connected to the JioFi hotspot.