The Uttar Pradesh state entrance examination is the main conducting authority for the UPSEE 2018. The examination is for the ones who want to study the post graduate and under graduate courses offered by various technical institutions and colleges affiliated to UPTU. The application form for the same is available in the month of January every year. The merit achieved is the basis for the selection of the candidates. It is one of the most reputed engineering entrance exams in India.
The tentative dates for the examination are available on the official website. The online application form will be available in the month of January 2018. The last date for the submission of the online application form will be March 2018. The closing payment date will be in the month of March itself. The admit card will be released in the month of March 2018. The entrance examination will on 15th April for the under graduate courses and 21st, 22nd April for the post graduate courses. There are a variety of courses which are offered under this examination. Some of them are listed below-
- The submission of the application form can be through online mode only.
- The application form can be accessed only after the release of the official notification.
- The mandatory fields have to be filled with the best interests and valid details.
- The scanned colored photographs need to be uploaded as per the specifications mentioned on the official website.
- The payment must be made before the due date.
- There is no requirement of submitting the hard copy of the application form in the university.
- After the depositing of fee, the printout of the receipt should be taken out for future reference.
The fee for all the categories such as male/transgender belonging to the OBC/General category is 1000INR and for all the females/SC/ST/PwD categories, the fee is 500INR. The fee can be paid online via debit cards or credit cards or net banking facilities.
- Paper 1 will consist of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and there will be 50 questions each from PCM sections (i.e. total 150 questions) and the total marks will be 600.
- Paper-2 will consist of Physics, Chemistry and Biology and there will be 50 questions each from PCB (i.e. total 150 questions). The total marks will be 600.
- Paper-3 will consist of 50 questions each from AG-I, AG-II, AG-III comprising a total of 150 questions and the total marks will be 600.
- Paper-4 will consist of 50 questions each of Mathematics and Aesthetic Sensitivity (total 100 questions and 2 questions from Drawing Aptitude) which is of 500 marks.
- Paper-5 will consist of Aptitude Test for General Awareness (BFAD/ BHMCT / BFA) and there will be around 75 questions of 300 marks.
- Paper-6 will consist of Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Engineering (Lateral Entry), same as paper 5.
- Paper-7 consists of Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Pharmacy (Lateral Entry) of 300 marks with 75 questions.
- Paper-8 consists of Aptitude Test for B.Sc Graduates in Engineering (Lateral Entry) with 75 questions for 300 marks.
- Paper-9 consists of Aptitude Test for MBA with 100 questions of 400 marks
- Paper-10 consists of Aptitude Test for MCA in which there are 100 questions and total marks are 400.
- Paper-11 is the Aptitude Test for second year MCA (Lateral Entry) with 100 questions of 400 marks in total.
- The Paper-1, Paper-2, Paper-3 and Paper-4 are held in an offline mode whereas the rest of the paper will be in the offline mode. The exam consists of objective type questions. The duration of the examination is three hours. For every correct answer, four marks will be awarded. There will be no negative marking.
There are various terms and conditions under the eligibility criteria for UPSEE. There are four major types of engineering courses which are offered through the examination i.e. B.Tech, B.Arch, B.Tech in bio technology and B.tech in agricultural engineering. In case of B.Arch the candidate is required to score minimum 50% in the compulsory subjects however for the B.tech candidates the minimum aggregate marks are 45% in the compulsory subjects. Though for the reserved categories there is a relaxation in the percentile. There is also no age limit for the entrance examination and it is open for all age groups.The nationality of the student can be Indian, Non-resident of India, FN or PIO. All these categories are eligible to apply for the examination. It is essential for the students to pass the UP Board intermediate examination or 10+2 or any other equivalent examination from the recognized board in order to be eligible for the examination.