Nokia 3310 Officially Announced: Specification, Features, Price
Nokia has sold 126 million of its original 3310 phone since it was first introduced back in September, 2000. It was a time before the iPhone, and Nokia ruled with popular handsets that let you play simple games like Snake. Now the 3310 is making a nostalgic return in the form of a more modern variant, thanks to Nokia-branded phone maker HMD. Like its predecessor, it will still be called the Nokia 3310, but this time it’s running Nokia’s Series 30+ software, with a 2.4-inch QVGA display, a 2-megapixel camera, and even a microSD slot.
HMD is planning to make the new Nokia 3310 available in Q2 this year for 49 euros ($52).the 3310 will roll out globally in Q2 in Warm Red and Yellow, both with a gloss finish of the polycarbonate exterior; and Dark Blue and Grey both with a matte finish.
Opera Mini is bundled for basic web surfing, but the real selling point is battery life. Just like most feature phones, standby time on the Nokia 3310 is 31 days, alongside a talk time of 22 hours. That’s a massive amount of battery life, but as the phone is so basic you’re hardly going to be wasting battery away on Snapchat or Facebook.
Nokia 3310 Specifications
- System: Dual band 900/1800 MHz
- Software platform: Nokia Series 30+
- Dimensions: 115.6*51.0*12.8mm
- Weight: 79.6 g (including battery)
- Display: 2.4’’ QVGA (240*320)
- two Micro SIM slots
- Curved window with polarised layer for better readability in sunlight
- Connectivity: micro USB, 3.5mm AV connector,
Bluetooth 3.0 with SLAM
- Camera: 2Mpxl camera with LED flash
- MicroSD card support up to 32 GB
- LED torchlight